Palak paneer is a most common and loved paneer dish. So check out my version of it.
You will need the items (as you can see in the pic)
1) Paneer (cottage cheese) – 250 gm
2) Spinach (Palak) – Boiled and then pureed (around 2 cups)
3) Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
4) Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
5) Cream – 1/3rd cup
6) Dry spices (Clove,Cinnamon,Cardamom)
7) Onion – 1 cut to small pieces
8) Green chilli – 1/2 as per your taste
9) Tomato puree – I was out of it so used tomato paste (shop bought) and added little water to it
10) Salt,pepper as per taste
Steps (Cooking will be done in medium heat)
1) Heat oil in a pan and add the dry spices, fry for 5 secs and add onions and fry them till they are golden brown. Then add the ginger garlic paste and green chilli and fry for 3-4 mins
2) Add the tomato puree and cook it covering with a lid for 5 mins
3) Add the spinach puree, salt and pepper and cook for another 5-6 mins, covering the pan.
4) Then add the paneer, garam masala and cook for another 4-5 mins
5) Add the cream, mix it well and cook for another 2-3 mins
6) Taste and add more salt/pepper if you want.
So my palak paneer is done in so easy steps. Do try it and let me know how you liked it.
What’s your fav dish during Navratri time ?? Will try some recipe without onion and garlic recipe sometime.