I got laccha on Eid from my friend who told how to prepare it. Was my first time making this recipe and hubby loved it so much I had to make one more time when this got over.
You will need -
1) Laccha – Amount depend how much you want
2) Boiled milk – 1 ltr
3) Cashew nuts, Almonds, Raisins
4) Condensed milk – 4-5 tbsp
5) Sugar – Half cup (as per your taste,if you want more sweet or less)
6) Saffron – A pinchful
7) Water – 1 cup
1) Take a Kadai and take some ghee and fry the cashew nuts,raisins till they are golden brown and take them out,keep aside
2) In that kadai, heat the milk (add water too) in low flame for 15 mins till milk gets dense. Cook it more if you want,it should become thicker and not runny. Stir it in between so that milk doens’t stick to bottom of vessel.
3) Add the sugar and condensed milk and cook for more 5-10 mins, stirring continuously
4) Add the saffron, fried cashew nuts and raisins and cook for another 2-3 mins
5) Taste it, if it tastes good,then its done :-). Cool it before serving.
6) In a bowl take some laccha and add this kheer to it. Garnish with thinly cut almonds if you want.
So it was really yummy. Try it and let me know if you liked it. Will pass on the positive feedback to my friend