Now this is the most common sweet dish loved by most Indians. So hubby thought to make this himself on V day and I was more than happy to relish it. I did grate all the carrots needed for the recipe. Those who are following me in Instagram may have seen my pic about it on that day, but I am really sorry about the delay in post. I was kind of caught up on other stuff and the recipe category skipped my mind. So here it is, won’t do any more jibber jabber
You will need Items
1 ) Carrots : Big size 2-3 grated finely
2) Milk : 1 1/2 cup
3) Sugar : 6-7 tbsp
4 ) Condensed Milk : 3-4 tbsp
5) Cardamom (green/black) : 1-2 coarsely ground
6) Dry Fruits : Cashew, Raisin (Kaju, Kismish), Almond
7) Pure Ghee – 2-3 tbsp
8) Salt : A pinch
1. In a pressure cooker add the ghee,carrots and milk and boil it ( 1-2 whistles)
2. In another kadai take some ghee and slightly roast the dry fruits till they are light brown and keep them aside (to use in the end).
3. Once the pressure is released from cooker, take out the lid and add condensed milk and sugar. And if cook in medium heat till the halwa consistency is little thicker. For around 4-5 mins.
4. Add the salt and elaichi (cardamom) powder and cook for another 3-4 mins. Taste for sugar, add more if needed
5. When the consistency is thick enough then its done.
6. Garnish with roasted dry fruits.
So I really loveeddddddd the dish, it was yummm and so easy to make. Do try it and let me know how you liked it.