This is my Hubby’s desi version of Fish n chips. Very simple steps to make and yummy to eat. Check it out…
You will need
1.Fish (Any whole fish is good)
2. Potatoes cut in long pieces like wedges
For Batter (To make 3-4 fish)
1. Maida/All purpose flour -1/3rd cup
3. Soya sauce – 2 tsp
4. Salt – to taste
5. Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
6. Turmeric/Haldi powder – 1/4 tsp (just for color)
7. Kabab powder -1 tsp
8. Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
8. Little water
Process (Cooking will be done in medium heat)
1. Heat oil in a Kadei.
2. Make a batter from the above items. Dip the fish so that it is coated completely.
3. Deep fry the fish in oil so that it is cooked.
4. Once the fish are fried, dip the potato wedges in batter and deep fry it, till cooked. (or you can fry first the potatoes and then fish so that you won’t have any residue of fish stuck to it)For serving, just squeeze some lemon juice over the fish and you can add onion rings, any sauce of your like.
You can have this as a starter or side dish with rice or as a complete dish itself…
Let me know how you liked it…