This is one recipe with is loved by one and all… which is the cookies. This is my 2nd attempt of making it, the first time I did not started blogging and I just have one photo of it. But I wanted to write a step by step recipe with photos so didn’t post it till now. Last week I made 2 batches of cookies and it turned out awesome and the great thing is I only used 5 simple ingredients. So check it out.
So you will need:
1) Butter/ vegetable oil : You can use either one or both combined. I used 35% butter and 65% oil. Total quantity should be 1 cup
2) 1 cup sugar – I used brown sugar
3) 1 egg
4) 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
5) 1 cup chocolate chips : I used 50% milk chocolate chips and 50% dark chocolate chips
Process (as per photo above)
1) In a bowl take the sugar, butter/oil and mix it well for 4-5 mins.
2) After mixing it will look like 2nd image
3) Then add the egg and mix for 6-7 mins
4) Then add the flour (first sieve it to avoid lumps) small quantities at a time. Mix it and then add some more flour and mix it and continue till all the flour is mixed properly. It should be a thick batter. My batter was so thick that I had some difficulty to mix with a spoon.
5) Divide the mix to 2 equal portions. To one part add the milk chocolate chips
6) To the other part add the dark chocolate chips (you can add only 1 type of choc chips)
7) Preheat the oven to 180 C or 350 F and grease the baking tray with butter.
8) Now take a spoon and place some amount of the cookie batter on the tray, keep space between them as when it cooks, it will expand. Bake the cookies at 180 C for 15-20 mins. Mine was done in exact 20 mins. Keep a check on it.
For my 2nd batch I cooked it 2-3 mins more than the perfect time and when I took out some of the cookies base was little burnt. Another reason was I baked 2 batches, so the first batch’s residue was still on the tray… so anyways I scrapped out the burnt portions from the bottom taking a knife and it was good to go.
So now I have stored my cookies in a air tight container and it has become a daily snack during evening tea time. Do try it, you will luv it for sure