For quite some time now I wanted to try a new recipe with fish with fillet cut. This is the first time we got fish fillet at home, normally we get fish with Bengali cut (its the normal cut of fish). I looked up for some recipes which is easy to make and taste different. I really like to make recipes which can be made in simple 4-5 steps else I can’t remember the long and complex ones and I have to jot it down somewhere and keep referring to it.
So hubby got this fresh red snapper fish cut in fillet and fingers crossed I tried this new recipe. Hubby was like ‘Are you sure what are you doing, and can we eat it or not’. He gets little apprehensive when I try some unconventional dish and it was first time of cooking a fish fillet so kind of going into unknown territories :-). So I started making it and end result you see for yourself… how it tasted will mention at the end
You will need
1. Red snapper fillet -2 (or any other fish fillet)
2. Egg – 2
3. Mustard paste -1/3rd cup (Soak mustard seeds in water for some time and grind it)
4) Salt, pepper
5) Bread crumb – 1/2 cup
1) Marinate fish with salt and pepper for 20-30 mins
2) Dip the fish fillet in mustard paste, it its coated properly
3) Next dip it in egg in both sides
4) Now dip it in bread crumbs so that it is nicely coated from both sides
5) Take a pan and heat oil (enough for shallow frying, you can deep fry it too if you want)
6) Put the fish and let it cook for 7-8 mins in one side and flip it over and cook for another 7-8 mins. The outer coating should look golden brownish. (Cook in medium heat). Flip it 1-2 times more till its cooked evenly from both sides.
It should look like this…
So your super duper easy crispy mustard fish is ready. It really goes well with mayonnaise as a dip. And for the taste… what can I say, I tried a small piece while cooking and I finished off 1-2 fish fillet pieces in kitchen itself… it was amazing. Do try and let me know how you liked it.