For the St. Patrick’s day I wanted to do some nail art based on the theme. I have seen earlier people doing nail arts of a leaf called ‘Shamrock’ for the occasion. But I had no idea of the relevance and occasion of St. Patrick’s Day, why its celebrated, how it came in to being. I am a little inquisitive about other cultures and want to learn new things. So I used the Pandora’s Box of the Web world “google” and got this info. Just sharing in case you are also wanted to know.
Below are quoted from Wikipedia :
“Saint Patrick’s Day or the Feast of Saint Patrick (Irish: Lá Fhéile Pádraig, “the Day of the Festival of Patrick”) is a cultural and religious holiday celebrated annually on 17 March, the death date of the most commonly-recognised patron saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick (c. AD 385–461). “
“Saint Patrick is said to have used the shamrock, a three-leaved plant, to explain the Holy Trinity to the pagan Irish, and the ubiquitous wearing and display of shamrocks and shamrock-inspired designs has become a feature of the day”
About Shamrock :
Items I used for this nail art are :
1) Nail Polishes : Dark green , Light Mint green shades
2) Acrylic paints : White, Dark green and light green shades
3) Stripper brush : Thin and small in length
4) Dotting tool : Big and small size
5) Top coat (I didn’t apply in this manicure, but I suggest you do as it will give a polished look)
6) Base coat
Steps (mentioned as per numbering in the image)
1. First apply base coat to protect your nails and once it dries, apply dark green polish on thumb,index and pinky fingers. Light green polish on middle and ring fingers and let it dry completely.
2. Take the white acrylic paint and the stripper brush and make small wavy stripes which look like wild grass. Do this designs on the nails with dark green polish starting from the tip.
3. Take the smallest dotting tool and light green acrylic paint and make small ‘V’ shapes. If needed modify them a little so it looks like a leaf/hearts. Make 3 ‘V’s for one leaf. You can do any number of leaves depending on the length of your nails. Do this designs on the nails with dark green polish.
4. For the nails with light green polish, take the biggest dotting tool and make similar leafs by making a V. But make only one leaf i.e make only 3 big size ‘V’s.
5. Finally just add a little stripe on middle of the leaf made in step 4 with light green acrylic paint.
6. Once everything is dry completely add a layer of top coat to seal your design and it will last longer that way.
TIP : Wipe off your Stripper brush and dotting tool, to remove excess paint from time to time, else the lines/dots may be thicker.
So guys did you like this nail art do let me know.